Sunday, January 5, 2014

Review: Jet by Jay Crownover

THIS BOOK IS CLASSIFIED AS ADULT.



With his tight leather pants and a sharp edge that makes him dangerous, Jet Keller is every girl’s rock and roll fantasy. But Ayden Cross is done walking on the wild side with bad boys. She doesn’t want to give in to the heat she sees in Jet’s dark, haunted eyes. She’s afraid of getting burned from the sparks of their spontaneous combustion, even as his touch sets her on fire.

Jet can’t resist the Southern Belle with mile-long legs in cowboy boots who defies his every expectation. Yet the closer he feels to Ayden, the less he seems to know her. While he’s tempted to get under her skin and undo her in every way, he knows firsthand what happens to two people with very different ideas about relationships.

Will the blaze burn into an enduring love. . . or will it consume their dreams and turn them to ashes?

Source: Edelweiss (Thanks HarperCollins!)


My Thoughts:

I loved Rule by Jay Crownover and I was dying to read this book. This book was good but I probably would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't had such high expectations from this novel.


Jet was HAWT and a jerk but not as much as Rule so I liked him. I really like reading the male point of view in these novels because they seem realistic and I don't have a hard time keeping track of whose point of view I'm reading.

Unlike Rule, My main problem with this novel is that I wasn't a huge fan of the female protagonist. It's not because I'm a prude and didn't like her sketchy past it had more to do with how stupidly she acted sometimes. Her inner monologue and point of view was a little too much to stand sometimes.






The plot of this one wasn't as predictable as Rule's but that's not necessarily a good thing. I used to think that the story is over but it wasn't .The author  did manage to keep me hooked till the end so I'll give her props for that. 

Overall, this is a good book but it's not as great as Rule . I think I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't expected more from the novel. I'm still VERY excited for the sequel though. Rome and Cora in one novel. It's gonna be .. WAIT FOR IT...



My Rating: 
3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...