Friday, September 28, 2012

Adult Review: The Marriage Trap




This book is classified and is for ADULTS. It is not suitable for younger readers.

The Marriage Trap (Marriage to a Billionaire #2)
 Blurb:
WIFE WANTED…

Italian billionaire seeks faux fiancée. Willing to agree to anything in return...

In order for his sister to marry, Italian billionaire Michael Conte has to find himself a bride – and fast! When he learns that photographer Maggie Ryan is going to be in Milan, Michael hatches a plan to introduce her to his family as his “fiancée.” Never mind that Maggie is confident, independent, and a control freak. Never mind that she’s everything he doesn’t want in a wife… and everything he wants in his bed!

Convinced that Michael is in love with her married gal pal, Maggie agrees to keep up the ruse if he’ll keep away from her friend. Besides, she’s not attracted to charming, ridiculously hot billionaires who drive her nuts. Once they’re in Italy, however, everything changes – and the sexual tension between Maggie and Michael goes from simmer to naked nuclear meltdown!

But have they found the perfect arrangement… or are they trapped in a make-believe marriage?

Source: Edelweiss (Thanks Simon and Schuster!)

Links: Goodreads

My Thoughts:
Even though this is the second book in the series it can be read as a standalone.

The only thought in my head after I had finished this novel was 
"WHEN?"
Seriously, When does the next book come out?
There's a great sneak peak of book #3 at the end of this novel and I'd love to get my hands on it!

This book was  predictable but what makes this book work is the chemistry between the main characters and the fact that you can connect and  form a bond with the main characters! The author managed to keep me hooked ! What more can you want from a romance novel?

Michael is such a great character .I really like Michael.I love the fact that he gives so much importance to his family.I think family is ignored in a lot of novels and I love reading novels in which the family is central to the main plot..

Maggie was a strong female that could have easily gotten on my nerves but she didn't.I really enjoyed the scenes in which she stood up to Michael and I loved it when she shocked everyone by saying or doing something outrageous .Maggie was a character that I really enjoyed reading about.

The plot is predictable and this novel follows the same pattern as the previous book in the series.Even though this book didn't really surprise or shock me I enjoyed reading this novel and had a great time while reading it.It started dragging a little towards the end but aside from that I have no complaints.If I wanted to I'm pretty sure I could find quite a few things to complain about but I don't want to because I had fun while reading this book and I want to read the sequel too!

Great sexy characters with sizzling chemistry,filled with funny and awkward situations.This book had me begging for more!

.Even though the story is quite predictable and I knew how things were going to end I couldn't wait to read the next page.So,if you're looking for a nice,light,fun read this is the book for you.

My Rating:
3.5-4  /5

Giving this a range between 3.5 and 4!

Guilty Pleasure :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh! I've heard really good things about this author/series. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael and the sizzling chemistry sounds amaizng. Thanks for review.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've heard of this but it's not a genre I normally pay much attention to. But if the characters are great, well that's what matters to me and makes it worth a read! Glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is something that i probably would not think to pick off the shelf, but having read the synopsis and extract i was actually quite gripped to the screen. It really was quite interesting and i find myself wanting to read this book - so thank you! I am adding this to my to-read list in a hurry. x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...