Saturday, January 21, 2012

Settling by Shelley Workinger


Settling (Solid #2)
by Shelley Workinger 


*Spoilers if you haven't read Book 1*
blurb: At the beginning of the summer, Clio Kaid was one of a hundred teens brought to a secret Army installation. But it was no ordinary camp and they weren’t ordinary kids… 

Picking up where “Solid” left off, Clio and her friends realize that they aren’t ready to go home; they’re determined to stay on campus and continue their journey of self- discovery. But someone doesn’t feel the same way and will do anything to drive them away – even kill. 

Friendships will be tested, abilities will evolve, and more secrets will come out as the teens race to stop the killer before he sets his sights on one of them…


Links: Amazon,BN,BD,Goodreads


Source: Author 
*This did not affect my review in any way*


My Thoughts:
Clio,Alexis,Garett ,Miranda ,Bliss and Jack are still in school and are trying to help out.Things seem very calm in the beginning but unfortunately,it's just the calm before the storm.....


I always end up devouring the books Ms.Workinger writes even though they might not be amazing ...I just can't stop reading them.I finished this book in one day (I'd finished book one in the same amount of time). This book is definitely much sadder than Solid and it was also much more interesting.


One thing I absolutely love about this book  is the light banter that keeps taking place in the group.I also  liked the fact that the main character started unraveling .I thought she was a little too put together in  Solid .(Yup,I'm evil ...I want the main character to suffer!!) 


*SPOILER*
Clio's sudden interest in Ford seemed very unrealistic and it didn't really settle with me.I felt as if she kind of jumped him out of the blue and suddenly ..they both had feelings for each other?? Where did that come from?


*SPOILER ENDS*


The author also keeps it realistic .There is something about this series that really grabs your attention.You can find flaws in it but you just can't put it down.


I'm very interested  in finding out what happens next as it ends in a way that is quite inconclusive. (Don't worry ,it's not a Cliffhanger )




My Rating: 
3.5/5

Can't wait for the next one!


1 comment:

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...